Update: Bill was stopped in the Senate!
It is my duty to report to you that the Florida House passed a bill [H 499] today that calls for a Constitutional Convention which could potentially rewrite the Bill of Rights and everything our Founding Fathers stood for! They are disguising this bill as a Trojan Horse in the form of "Balanced Budget Amendment."
Imagine Obama being able to "edit" the Constitution as he feels? SM 1142 must be stopped.
The Constitutional Conventional Bill,CS/SM 1142: Federal Balanced Budget Amendment,[similar to H 499] is now in the Senate Budget Committee. Here are the members:
- Senator Thad Altman (R)
- Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto (R)
- Senator Michael S. "Mike" Bennett (R)
- Senator Ellyn Setnor Bogdanoff (R)
- Senator Anitere Flores (R)
- Senator Don Gaetz (R)
- Senator Alan Hays (R)
- Senator Arthenia L. Joyner (D)
- Senator Evelyn J. Lynn (R)
- Senator Gwen Margolis (D)
- Senator Bill Montford (D)
- Senator Jim Norman (R)
- Senator Nan H. Rich (D)
- Senator Garrett Richter (R)
- Senator David Simmons (R)
- Senator Gary Siplin (D)
- Senator Eleanor Sobel (D)
- Senator John Thrasher (R)
Pages: | Next →