The Democrats are howling for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign over a trumped-up controversy that appears to be a “nothingburger.” Per usual, the Democrats are conveniently forgetting their own recent attorney general’s controversy-ridden record; Eric Holder was enmeshed in scandal yet the Democrats never called on him to resign.
Here are five things Holder did that didn’t prompt the Democrats to call for his resignation.
1. Holder was held in contempt by Congress for stonewalling investigations into Operation Fast and Furious. As the Daily Wire has previously explained:
“Operation Fast and Furious involved the Obama administration arming drug cartels and thugs south of the border as a means to undermine the Second Amendment. The program resulted in the death of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. One of the Islamic terrorists in the Garland, Texas, attack also used a gun that was obtained through the Fast and Furious program.”
Fast and Furious was in Holder’s purview, so the fact that he kept obstructing investigations into it is quite telling.
2. Holder didn’t prosecute members of the New Black Panther party despite their obvious efforts at voter intimidation. John Fund explained in a Wall Street Journal column that witnesses saw one New Black Panther member unveil “a nightstick at the entrance and pointed it at voters and both made racial threats” and another shouted, “You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker!”
And yet, Holder’s Department of Justice did not prosecute these New Black Panther members. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Barack Obama himself marched with the New Black Panthers in 2007.
3. Holder’s Department of Justice shook down banks and redistributed the funds to left-wing organizations. For instance, after the Justice Department reached a $16.6 billion settlement with Bank of America, those funds were funneled towards organizations like “National Council of La Raza, Operation Hope, National Community Reinvestment Coalition and Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America,” per The Daily Caller. Many of these organizations also received money from the DOJ after settlements with JP Morgan Chase, Countrywide Financial Corporation and Citbank.
4. Holder was instrumental in obtaining clemency for the Armed Forces for National Liberation (FALN) terrorists in 1999. As the deputy attorney general, Holder pressured his underlings at the Justice Department “to drop their opposition to” these clemencies so it wouldn’t appear that President Bill Clinton wasn’t following the recommendations of his Justice Department, reported the Los Angeles Times. For more on the barbaric, violent nature of the FALN terrorists and how the move was solely to help Hillary Clinton’s New York Senate campaign, read the Daily Wire‘s interview with Joseph Connor, whose father was murdered by the FALN terrorists, here.
5. Holder didn’t prosecute former Obama Commerce Secretary Bill Richardson, despite evidence of “pay-to-play.” Per Michelle Malkin:
Even as they tapped Richardson to serve as Obama’s first Commerce Secretary, the White House transition team knew about Richardson’s pay-to-play scandal involving a California company, CDR Financial Products. FBI and federal prosecutors had launched their probe of CDR’s activities in New Mexico in the summer of 2008.
The feds had been digging into a nationwide web of favor-trading between financial firms and politicians overseeing local government bond markets. CDR was tied to a doomed bond deal in Alabama, which, according to Bloomberg News, threatened to cause the biggest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. CDR raked in nearly $1.5 million in fees from a New Mexico state financial agency after donating more than $100,000 to Richardson’s efforts to register Hispanic and Native American voters and to pay for expenses at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, the news service reported.
The state agency that awarded the money consisted of five Richardson appointees and five members of his gubernatorial cabinet. CDR made contributions both shortly before and after securing consultant work with the state of New Mexico. CDR’s president also contributed $29,000 to Obama’s presidential campaign. After Holder dropped the case, New Mexico Republicans blasted the lack of transparency in the decisions and the refusal to heed the advice of experienced, non-political prosecutors and FBI investigators.
Holder’s tenure as attorney general was clearly marked with putting politics above the law, something that is antithetical to Sessions. The Democrats hate that about Sessions, which is why they’re attempting to smear him yet stayed silent about Holder’s sleazy actions leading the Justice Department.
Follow Aaron Bandler on Twitter @bandlersbanter.
Source: The Daily Wire