October 25, 2021

URGENT: Pentagon Tries to CENSOR Navy SEAL From Talking With Fox News… Here’s Why

The Pentagon issued a statement last week saying that any military personnel who participated in the 2011 raid that killed al-Qaida founder Osama bin Laden in Pakistan remains bound by a non-disclosure agreement not to reveal classified details about the operation.

The statement from Navy Commander Amy Derrick-Frost was issued in the wake of an announcement from Fox News that it planned to identify by name bin Laden’s shooter for the first time in a documentary set to air in two parts on Nov. 11 and 12.

Derrick-Frost said the Pentagon has not revealed the name of the Navy SEAL who shot bin Laden, nor has it confirmed that the individual Fox News interviewed was the actual shooter.

“As a private citizen, former or retired service members are free to speak with the media and exercise their First Amendment rights,” Derrick-Frost told Business Insider. “However, it is important for all former service members to adhere to their signed non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) when they seek to openly discuss classified or sensitive information, or make claims about their active duty operations or accomplishments.”

Her statement implies that the the SEAL in question, known only as “The Shooter,” could face criminal charges for participating in the documentary.

“If in fact this individual was associated with the military unit that carried out the UBL raid, which is yet to be determined, he is still bound by his non-disclosure agreement to not discuss classified information, especially in a nationally televised interview,” Derrick-Frost told Business Insider.

“Navy SEALs continue to serve and fight bravely around the world, accomplishing critical missions that keep our nation safe. The major details of the bin Laden mission are well known, many of them a matter of public record,” she concluded. “We urge any former SEAL to abide by the SEAL Ethos, particularly the core tenant, ‘I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions.’”

The desire for American special operations veterans to maintain secrecy about details that could jeopardize current or future operations or put current special operators at risk is completely understandable. This raid, however, took place over three years ago and many previous reports about it have already been made public, as Derrick-Frost herself admits.

It is difficult to understand what information, exactly, the Pentagon still wishes to keep hidden from the American people.

But there certainly appears to be something.

Please share this article on Twitter and Facebook if you agree that the U.S. military brass appear to be trying to hide something about the bin Laden raid from the American people.

Share
Source: